Live Deliberately: Gratitude

It is not happy people people who are thankful; it is thankful people who are happy.


I learned years ago on my journey toward a more deliberate life that I am eternally grateful for so many things. Every day I discover new and wonderful things for which I am thankful.
 
A while back, Ryan Mitchell over at The Tiny Life shared this video "The Science of Happiness" several times. I loved watching it. It really drove home the point that thankful people are happy people.
I am thankful for all of my friends and family who have supported me and who have helped me along the way. There are too many to name.

Except for Jill - I want to name Jill. Years ago we challenged each other to write more. We said we couldn't call ourselves writers if we weren't writing. So we wrote more. Now I make my living with writing and she's been published in several anthologies and is working on a couple novels. I am grateful for that kind of friendship and encouragement.

And, of course, this entire adventure wouldn't have been possible without Matt. We are partners in every way. I knew it was the right decision when neither of us thought building and living in a 120 square foot house was a crazy idea at all.

I am grateful for the entire tiny house community. We are scattered across the country, and even the world, and yet we are able to come together and discuss the most intimate parts of our lives.

Deliberate living is a philosophy. It is a way of thinking about your life and making every moment count. Thankfulness is an important part of that process for me.

What are you grateful for in your life? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after moderation! Thanks for visiting!