My Tiny House Soundtrack 2013 Edition

Last year, in September, I shared this post about some music I was listening to. I love music and I think you might, too. Here is some stuff I listening to right now.

So, one of my favorite singer/songwriters is Mike Doughty was in the group Soul Coughing in the 90s. I own all of his solo albums and listen to them regularly. Imagine my surprise when the local radio station played this song - a bluegrass cover of Mike Doughty's "American Car." I loved it and immediately added it to my iTunes library.


For a complete change of pace, another favorite singer/songwriter is Jonathan Coulton, a master of geeky music. We have a Roku and there is a JoCoRoku station which I frequently have on. There are way too many songs to list but this one is a favorite. It is about George Plimpton and being the best you that you can be.


Lastly I want to share this song. It is another bluegrass tune that I can't get enough of these days. It is Steve Martin (yes, THE Steve Martin) and Edie Brickell (best known from the New Bohemians in the early 90s)...and it is about Asheville.



These songs aren't specifically about Tiny Living but they do speak to me and I hope you enjoy them as well. What kind of music inspires you? 

Comments

  1. Wow, so much that I listen to these days. I'm so glad you have Jonathan in your list.

    These days I shift between folky, introspective female rock such as I Am Not Left Handed, K's Choice, on into A Fine Frenzy, Missy Higgins, and Sara Bareilles. In the same vein, I have Cloud Cult on almost constantly

    On the other side is hostly hard rock game sound tracks. I love the music of Final Fantasy and have the albums from the Distant Worlds tours as well The Black Mages cds. More recently, I've been listening to the Final Fantasy VI remix album by the OCRemix folks http://ff6.ocremix.org/

    Keep on Rockin'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after moderation! Thanks for visiting!