The Further Aventures of Matt and Laura

I just wanted to do a quick post to show that we are still here! 

Last week we drove up to Michigan for Matt's brother's wedding. It was held at the Bavarian Inn and Lodge in Frankenmuth, Michigan. It was a gorgeous wedding and a good time was had by all.

So - I thought I would share just a few photos of our adventures.



We had to start our adventure with the acquisition of a Slurpee from 7-11. There aren't 7-11s in Atlanta or in Asheville so we don't get to enjoy them very often. I went with a mix of Pina Colada and Banana for that tropical flavor combination.





Piglet joined us for the trip. This is her at Matt's mom's apartment waiting for Matt to get out of the shower. 




On our way up to Frankenmuth, we stopped at a fast food place specific to the mid-Michigan region. We were a little nervous because Big John's Steak and Onion looked like it hadn't been updated since 1975. While that may actually be true, I was surprised to find my steak and cheese sub to be delicious.


Of course, Matt and I had to try out the local beer scene. Frankenmuth is a small town and they have two breweries. The rehearsal dinner was held at Frankenmuth Brewery on Friday night. Before the rehearsal Matt and I went to the other one - Black Forest. I was pleasantly surprised to find it featuring American microbrew styles rather than German beers. We had their IPA and it was really tasty. 


And finally - a photo from the wedding. This is me, Matt, and our friend BJ. Matt and I both lived with BJ in college at different times. Matt was the best man and he looked very nice in his tux. 

I'll get back to posting about tiny houses soon. That is kind of the thing about building a tiny house and living in it - there really isn't that much novelty to it. Now it is just where we live and it seems perfectly natural to us.

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after moderation! Thanks for visiting!