Workshops and Presentations

I am so excited for the coming week. Matt and I are eagerly preparing a PowerPoint presentation for Earth Day and then we head down for what is turning out to be the largest gathering of Tiny House bloggers and builders ever assembled.

A friend of ours is a professor at University of South Carolina Upstate. It was nearly a year ago when she wondered if we might be willing to come speak about living in our tiny house for the following Earth Day.

When the talk became a reality just a few weeks ago we started to get super excited. See, we really love living in our tiny house and we love to be able to share our experience with others. We aren't expecting everyone to immediately go out and build a 120 square foot house but we do hope that we can make people think about what they really want to do in their lives and work on making it happen. That is what the tiny life is all about for me. Like Thoreau suggests, "Live Deliberately."

This event is free and open to the public so if you find yourself anywhere near the Spartanburg SC area on Monday, April 22, you should come and check us out. We'll be speaking at 4pm.

After our trip down to Spartanburg, South Carolina, we will be heading out to Wilmington, North Carolina, for the Relax Shacks/Tiny House Listings workshop. The workshop is sold out and packed with speakers. The most exciting part to me is being able to meet other tiny house bloggers. We've known each other online for many years - most of us has been doing this for a very long time. It will be incredible to meet everyone in person. Plus, we haven't been to the beach in North Carolina yet so that sounds like a great time.

In honor of Earth Day I thought I would make a little image. I know I keep quoting Thoreau but he had a lot of great stuff to say.



Do you have any plans to honor Earth Day this year?

Comments

  1. Spending the day pulling garlic mustard in a local nature center and attending a local Earth Day Fest. We'll go hiking and do some (organic) gardening to round out the festivities. LOVE the Thoreau quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see this post! Then I opened it up... I'm a prof at USC main campus and thought that's where ya'll were coming. Unfortunately I teach all day Monday but I'm glad our students on the Upstate campus will get to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your speaking engagements and best of luck to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after moderation! Thanks for visiting!