A productive start to the new year

A friend recently posted on her Facebook page that whatever you do on New Year's Day will set the tone for the rest of the year. I spend time writing and then went to the bar with another Tiny House Blogger. If this is true, then my 2013 is going to absolutely rock.

Speaking of writing, I am making some good progress on my book. I am a visual person, so I wrote down each of the 120 ideas on note cards and spread them out on the floor so I could see the order I wanted them to be. This was a great practical exercise and I think I've made some good choices.

Once I had the cards in the order I liked, I gathered them all up and use the cards to go through my thousands of photos. I wrote down the file location of each picture on the card so I know where to go in my computer when I am formatting the book. Probably the long way around, but it is working for me pretty well.

Next up, creating a master file and editing the hell out of everything. Fun! 

We had a great time in Michigan for the holidays, but I am really glad we're back in Asheville. A little later today we're going to walk downtown from our winter house to check out the latest addition to the Asheville Brewery scene, Wicked Weed. Word on the street is that it is one of the best. I think I'm going to love staying in this house for the winter.

Because we have a hard time sitting still, Matt and I are spending some of the winter fixing up some things in this house. We get to paint it!  Matt is prepping one of the rooms as I type this. This will be the cutest 700 square foot 40s bungalow in all of Asheville once we're done with it! 

Some projects will be starting up at the tiny house soon, too. Warm winter days are a good time to do some outdoor clean up. I can't wait to get back up to the tiny house, too.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to check it out! I use a similar technique when writing large research papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read your book! May I ask why you left the Tiny House for the winter?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The short answer to that question is that we wanted to. Part of our tiny house lifestyle involves "location independence." We want to be able to live and work from anywhere. Since our tiny house is built half way up a mountain and is off the grid we thought that we would experience life *in* the city of Asheville for the winter. And we're close enough to head up there and do some projects while we're out of the house which will actually make some things a little easier. We'll be back in the tiny house come spring.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after moderation! Thanks for visiting!