Think Big, Build Small: A Tiny House Community

I thought I was dreaming big.

Back in 2011 I started a Facebook page to foster community between tiny house builders all over the country. I invited friends and people "liked" the page. I linked it to this blog (you'll see the badge if you scroll down on the page).

Over time, my idea for this page started to change. When I left my 9-5 job to pursue a career in writing I wanted to really focus on the 120 Square Feet Brand. I started working on my first book, 120 Ideas for Tiny Living, which will be out in the spring.

I really wanted to change the Think Big, Live Small community to a 120 Square Feet page, but Facebook rules state that if you have more than 200 "likes" you can't change the name of the page. I figured that was okay, though, because people seem to get that the page belongs to me.

Earlier this week I noticed I had 943 "likes" on the page. I asked people to spread the word to see if I could get up to 950. It quickly surpassed that number and rose to 959 the last time I looked. So, on a whim, I thought I would see if I could get 1000 "likes" by the end of the year.

Then Ryan Mitchell at The Tiny Life posted a shout-out on his Facebook page...

Next thing I know, the community has 1009 and counting! 

Seriously - is there anything that can't be accomplished through the power of social media?

So I want to thank everyone who is a part of the 120 Square Feet Community and Think Big, Build Small over at Facebook. I appreciate everyone coming along for the ride as Matt and I built our tiny house over the course of three years and continuing to read once we moved into our tiny space.

As a thank you to everyone, all of the products at the 120 Square Feet Store have been discounted from now through the end of the year! Thank you for being part of this site! 

Comments

  1. Nice work Laura. They say one ought to focus on the quality of their content rather than the number of likers. You've produced amazing content which has brought all the peeps--me included--in. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after moderation! Thanks for visiting!