Tiny House Gift Giving Guide



With the winter holidays right around the corner, I thought it would be a good time to explore ideas for the best gifts for the tiny house people in your life. 

They key when it comes to giving presents to your friends and family who have embraced the simple lifestyle is not to perpetuate the concept of clutter. This is where the entire concept of “it is the thought that counts” can really be put into practice. Think about how we have taken this time to downsize our lives and have only the essentials in our homes before picking out a gift. With that in mind, here are some ideas to consider.

Gifts that aren't Things

This is my very favorite idea. These are things that your loved one could buy for themselves but probably wouldn’t. They make very thoughtful gifts for someone who is actively trying not to accumulate stuff.


  • Certificate for spa treatment
  • Car detailing
  • Custom playlist on iTunes 
  •  eBooks
  • Tickets to local events
  • Subscription to an online magazine or newspaper
  • Consumables (especially beer or wine!)

Gifts for the Tiny House Builder


If your loved one is just starting to build a tiny house there may be some items that will come in handy. Here are some ideas in several prices ranges.


Tiny House Books

Many people, even those building or living in a tiny house, love books on the subject. This might also be a good option for the person who is thinking about building a tiny space but hasn’t begun the process yet. Many of these are books we owned that really inspired us. 



Unfortunately, 120 Ideas for Simple Living will not be out in time for this year’s holiday shopping. If you do want to share some Life in 120 Square Feet items you can find a number of things at our store that will make great gifts.

Comments

  1. I like this list, and the idea of practical gifts. The fam is still hung up on constant giving of junk. My Sis gave us 8 seasons of Dexter, last year. I have watched exactly 0. What I really need is knee pads for longboard sliding. Me and my dude go through a ton of them, because sliding puts you on your knees, so we each go through a pair a month. They're cheap ($20), yet people act like we're nuts for wanting two pairs of pads from each person, instead of a different gift. Of coarse, wheels, and bearings, or a few feet of grip are also welcome gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,I can see where you are coming from with the gift cards, but personally, I prefer gift cards for my daughter if you insist on getting a gift but won't ask what she likes (we have a few people like this in our family). While I am INCREDIBLY grateful for any gift given us, she has very different tastes than any girl her age. And has been this way for years. I would hate for a gift to be given and then not used or regifted because she does not like things all the other 14 year olds do. So I feel if I do not know what to get and the person won't give me ideas, gift cards are my best bet.Thank you so much!!!!Joe Smith....


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after moderation! Thanks for visiting!