A short geek break...

Living in 120 Square Feet doesn't mean we exist in a bubble. Occasionally we leave our mountain for events around the country. That is part of what our new mobile lifestyle allows for us. This Labor Day Weekend we attended Dragon*Con in Atlanta.

This was our 6th year attending and it is one of my favorite events. I look forward to it all year (I am already looking forward to next year!). It is a place where geeks and fans of all kinds come together to celebrate SciFi and Fantasy Culture. We enjoy celebrity encounters, great costumes, and lots of social fun.

This year we went big. Even Matt got into costuming, which is not something he's done much of before. I thought I would just share some of my favorite photos with you all.

The Dude Abides!

Here we have Zombie Kenny Rogers, Zombie Neil Diamond and Zombie Dolly Parton
And here are the zombies performing for Aaron Douglas of BattleStar Galactica.

And her is me as Amy Farrah Fowler from The Big Bang Theory. I'm in front of a Tardis.

I also have a photo of me with a group of "Soft Kitties," which makes much more sense.

Here is a pretty awesome Iron Man

On Sunday night our zombies decided to get zombie eye contact lenses.

And finally, our zombies performed at the official Dragon*Con Karaoke. I wish I had some video. Zombie Dolly and Kenny had a great performance of "Zombies In The Stream". Everyone was on their feet. Then Zombie Neil rocked out Sweet Caroline! 
Dragon*Con is always a great time, but it is intense. I am glad to be back on the mountain. I missed our tiny house. I missed Piglet (who spent the weekend at Camp Kitty in Georgia). Now we plan to stay put and have no travel plans at all for the next couple of months. I am looking forward to it.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Comments