We Have Carpet!

Once the lofts were completed in the tiny house, we thought it would be a cool feature to put carpet tiles up there.  Not just any carpet tiles, but a product called FLOR.  It seemed like another way we could add a little pop of color to the house.  We matched a color to the counter stain and I couldn't be more happy with the way it turned out.  On Saturday, Matt and I got up to Asheville and I spend the day putting the FLOR down while Matt did some trim work. 
This is the FLOR in the loft just after I finished installing it
And here is a weird angle shot to show the FLOR and the counter.  
And here is the corner of the loft with the trim installed.

Once the FLOR was in place ansd the trim nailed in, we hoisted the bed back into position and set it back up for sleeping.  

Matt is staying up at the tiny house this week.  Mostly he is there to see how our current energy system can handle day to day use. He'll be doing his day job remotely as well as some work on the house in the evenings.  

Also, we have a pet spider. So I was playing around with my cameras digital macro settings and got this photo of the orb weaver who set himself up by our porch light. 


Comments

  1. Looks GREAT! Are y'all on solar or grid? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    We are on solar with a back up generator. This isn't the final configuration, but Matt is up there determining our needs this week before we invest in our final system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're still posting and making progress. I just ordered the small house book from the tumbleweed site. Which floor plan are you building?

    It will be some time before I can take the plung so I'm doing some volunteering with habitat for humanity. I'm also purging a lot of unused stuff.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alan. Thanks for checking us out. We built the Tarleton.

    Sounds to me like you're making great progress in taking your first steps. I hope you will consider sharing your build story, too, when you get started.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after moderation! Thanks for visiting!