Back to Work

As I mentioned in my last post, Matt and I have been busy with major life changes in the Atlanta that have kept us from going up to North Carolina.

This past weekend, we finally made it back to do some work.  The forcast was for thunder showers, so we arrived late on Friday night and slept in on Saturday.  Saturday morning was clear and sunny, so we debated what we should do next but we decided to go to Lowe's and buy the stuff to construct our custom door.  More on that once we have it constructed.  When we got back to Mt. Matt, the sun was still out so we decided to take a chance and start the painting on the windows, but just do the outside frames so the inside panes were not sitting out in case it did rain.  While Matt did the painting, I actually sprayed for Poison Ivy.  I haven't had my yearly breakout yet, and it would be nice to keep it that way.  That is the thing with building a tiny house - the work isn't just limited to the tiny house itself.  There is always land to tend, trees to trim, and any number of other things to take care of, not to mention unforseen craziness.  But I'll tell you, we are chosing to do this work so it is always satisfying. Even when it kinda sucks. 

Well, not long after we started those two projects, we heard thunder in the distance.  I walked the entire trail around to the tumbleweed house and back down the short way to spray all the poison ivy, and right when I got back to the barn it started raining.  Great, I thought, all that for nothing.  I'll have to do it again anyway.  Matt got all of one window painted, but it was worth it.  The paint looks awesome - we matched it to the gray of the metal roof. 

In other interesting camping events - because there are always more interesting camping events - we had another over-night bat adventure.  The ordeal lasted only a few minutes - so either this bat was smarter or we were smarter!  We also had our air mattress deflate on us.  I hate when that happens.  It was two years old, however, so we just replaced it.  We'll be in the Tumblweed House soon so we won't really need it anymore. 

This coming weekend we will be moving from our house to our city apartment.  Then the following weekend we are going on a long deserved camping trip and retreat.  After that, it is back to work on the tiny house! 

Comments